Experience the Alps with a local
The mountains are inspiring and beautiful. They can be even better when you are partnered with a local guide.
We have worked with UIAGM certified guides in the Alps and the Arctic for many years and have over 35 guides who work with us. Each client is particular and it is important that you find a guide that suits you. They might become part of your skiing life for many years.
We do not run mixed groups - we think it important that you all know each other before heading out onto the mountain.
Zuba Ski are the specialists in this type of adventure skiing and touring providing complete, bespoke, arranged packages all at local prices.
The maximum number of a clients each mountain guide can take at any one time is 7-8 depending on the location and grade of activity required, although, this number cannot be guaranteed.
- Under certain circumstances, depending on the snow and weather conditions prevailing the guide may require a smaller group size on a matter of safety.
- Depending on the grade and level of difficulty, the type of routes required and the exposure, lower guide to client ratios will be obligatory.
- The Mountain Guide has the final decision on this matter.
For ALL off piste skiing and for skiing with Mountain Guides the following equipment is compulsory in the Monterosa and Aosta region.
As usual you will need the following personal safety equipment:
- Snow probe
- Snow shovel
- Back pack
- Under certain circumstances, depending on the snow conditions your mountain guide may stipulate that they also require you to wear an ABS back pack even for just normal off piste skiing. The Mountain Guide has the final decision on this matter.
- If you do not have any of these items they can be rented.
Mountain Guide Reservations
There are only so many qualified Mountain Guides in each region.
To guarantee a mountain guide for the exact days you require, we advise that you book in advance and reserve your guide with us. This will ensure that if mountain guides are busy you will have a guide for the days you wish.
The Mountain Guide has the final decision on whether due to weather or snow conditions a day of mountain guiding activities need to be cancelled. A client who does not turn up or cancels their mountain guide at short notice will still need to pay for the mountain guide for their day of lost wages.